Friday 10 September 2010

8+: The Killer Cat's Christmas - Anne Fine

Release Date: 02/09/10

BOOK BLURB:

So go on, ask me. 'Dear, dear Tuffy. Why was your Christmas so horrible?' Well. I couldn't climb the tree. I couldn't touch the dangly decorations. And Ellie made me part of her sing-along Christmas performance. Horrible, horrible, horrible! But I showed them. I was Tuffy the Acting Cat, superstar. How was I supposed to know things would get so ...messy?


REVIEW:

In my secret guise of Catman (hey I’ve got five of the critters living with me) you can pretty much be sure that if a title involving felines is available I’ll pick it up and read it. Here in this offering, we get the tale told from the cats point of view about how Christmas was ruined for him after he was trying his best. It’s quirky, it’s funny but to be honest there was a lot more that could have been done for this offering such adding realistic problems such as the half devoured tinsel hanging out of the backend. That said, there are moments within that every cat owner will identify with, such as the cat not understanding why they’re not allowed to climb the tree or chew the wires etc which overall make this definitely something that the young reader will enjoy on the build up to the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment