Saturday 6 November 2010

7+: The BFG - Roald Dahl

Release Date: 02/09/10

BOOK BLURB:

When Sophie is snatched from her bed in the middle of the night by a giant four times as tall as the tallest human, she thinks she is about to be breakfast. But luckily for Sophie, her giant is the only nice and jumbly giant in Giant Country, and the pair are soon thinking of ways to disappear the BFG's nasty neighbours...


REVIEW:

This I have to say is my absolute favourite Dahl title. Beautifully written with the usual Dahl ingredients as he (the Big Friendly Giant that is) and Sophie save the world’s children from the evil giants and bring the world of dreams to the reader in a new an virtually unseen manner.

Add to the mix Blake’s artwork, the great film accompaniment and the chance for Readers to escape this mundane world for the budgetless one of imagination which demonstrates why Dahl will continue to be a favourite for years to come.

A real joy and with the pure fun of a childhood revisited one that I’ll re-enjoy a number of times with my nephews.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! I can still remember giggling over "whizzpops" all these years later...

    ReplyDelete