Sunday 3 April 2011

TEEN: Chime - Franny Billingsley

Release Date: 04/04/11

BOOK BLURB:

Briony knows she is a witch. She knows that she is guilty of hurting her beloved stepmother. She also knows that, now her stepmother is dead, she must look after her beautiful but vulnerable twin sister, Rose. Then the energetic, electric, golden-haired Eldric arrives in Briony's village of Swampsea, and everything that Briony thinks about herself and her life is turned magically, dizzyingly, upside down.


REVIEW:

Whilst I wasn’t the biggest fan of this title by Franny, I can see the potential as well as the skill behind the book that Franny has created in order to entertain the reader. The characters are well thought out, the myths behind the tale well researched and the overall writing style is something that a good few will find entertaining. For me however I had a hard time getting to grips with the titles lead character and when I felt that the speech was forced it really made finishing this title a struggle. Don’t get me wrong, for a lot of readers this will be a great purchase but for me it just took things a little too far and without being able to associate with the tales heroine I felt lost as well as unenthusiastic about finishing the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment