Sunday 26 August 2012

3+: My Book of Numbers, Shapes and Colours and My Book of First Words - Kali Stileman

Release Date: 07/06/12  
BOOK BLURB:  
This title is part of the "My First Picture Book" series: perfect for every toddler to help build language, understanding and enjoyment. Colours, shapes and numbers are just the beginning, as this beautifully illustrated book explores all the key concepts that make up a toddler's world. Themes include: Counting; Shapes; Colours; Sounds; Opposites; Feelings; Manners; Home; and, Weather. This is one of two 24pp paperback editions of "Big Book of My World", featuring all the elements that help to encourage labelling, spotting and naming (the companion book is "My Book of First Words"). Peely Wally was selected to be part of the Booktrust's Books for Babies scheme. 150,000 copies will be distributed to mothers and babies throughout the UK in 2012.  

REVIEW:  
These days, finding the right thing for Children is always hard but for me as an Uncle, I really want to give them the gift of being able to read so that they can embark on many lives of adventure. What this title by Kali Stileman does is entertain as well as help them learn with bright colours and wonderful artwork. It’s a book that can be used many times and will help your child learn as they have fun which all in is the goal for any child. 

 
Release Date: 07/06/12  
BOOK BLURB:  
This title is part of the "My First Picture Book" series: perfect for every toddler to help build language, understanding and enjoyment. "My Book of First Words" is the perfect companion for children just learning to spot and name, or learning to recognise words. Bright illustrations bring to life all the key objects and favourite things from a child's world. This is one of two 24pp paperback editions of "Big Book of My World", featuring all the elements that help to build vocabulary and language confidence (the companion book is "My Book of Numbers, Shapes and Colours"). Kali's first book, Peely Wally, was selected to be part of the Booktrust's Books for Babies scheme. 150,000 copies will be distributed to mothers and babies throughout the UK in 2012.  

REVIEW:  
As with Kali’s other title, this book is another one that will help them learn through bright colours, fun images and of course a parent with imagination to help them make the most of this title. Add to this a book that allows them to associate the words with the images and your child will have a step up. I’m definitely passing these on to my nephews to help them get started and I can guarantee the many hours going through them will be more then worth it when I sit down and let them read me one of thier favourite tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment