Saturday 13 October 2012

8+: Lion Adventure and Gorilla Adventure - Willard Price

Release Date: 27/09/12

Book Blurb: 
The human bait was the boys themselves...Hal and Roger Hunt have been sent on a terrifying mission - they must save the population of Mtito Andei from a man-eating lion. But the 'King of the Beasts' isn't the only thing trying to kill the boys...Have the brothers bitten off more than they can chew this time?

Review: 
It Big Cat game time for the Hunts and boy, does this tale deliver in spades as our intrepid heroes carry on with their adventures in Africa. It’s definitely a series I have lots of time for as I have not only fond memories of it but also because the author clearly loves what he’s writing about. The prose are sharp, the action intense but for me, it’s the character releationships that really make the tales work. All in a great read and one that I was more than pleased to enjoy again. Magical.



 
 
Release Date: 27/09/12

Book Blurb: 
'You stand rooted to the spot or you run like mad.' Hal and Roget Hunt head off for another challenging mission - this time to search for gorillas in the Congo jungle. But when the boys stumble across the evil trade in baby gorillas, someone seems determined to silence them once and for all.

Review: 
Oh yes, to be back on the trail with Hal and Roger was a real treat for me as a reader, yes I read the originals a goodly number of years ago but to get them all rereleased so that I can share them with my nephews, that’s sheer heaven. Here in the this title, the Hunt’s are on the trail in Africa, a country that the author had a love affair with for many years. The prose is sharp, the antics amusing and whilst as an older reader I tend to sympathise more with Hal, Roger still keeps me entertained as they seek the objectives of their quests in quite inventive ways. Add to this a wonderfully warm and inviting writing style that just takes you away and for me as a reader it was sheer bliss to return to fond memories that I hope younger readers will get just as much out of.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment