Tuesday 9 October 2012

TEEN: Ashes Trilogy 2: Shadows - Ilsa J Bick

Release Date: 27/09/12

Book Blurb: 
Alex has escaped from Rule - but what new horrors face her in the ravaged world outside? Tom is safe - but what will he risk to find Alex? Chris - how much does he really know about the terrible darkness of Rule? And what are his true feelings for Alex? Ellie - where is she? The terrifying follow-up to the hugely popular Ashes.

Review: 
Having not been really all that enamoured with the first book in the series, I really wasn’t expecting too much from the second and to be honest I wasn’t disappointed. Whilst the tale does try to keep the pace moving with an over abundance of action the tale did feel more than a little flat as the sheer volume of supporting cast within left me wondering who was who and what they’d done in the first (and no I’m not joking when I say that I did a quick reread and wrote a cheat sheet to refer to.) All in, not a great book for me and whilst there will be a number of readers who enjoy the descriptions alongside action within, this book for me didn’t hit all my requirements in a title. All in a great shame.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment