Thursday 6 December 2012

7+: Three Tales of Magic and Mischief - Roald Dahl

Release Date: 27/09/12

Book Blurb: 
A marvellous mix - this wonderful hardback bind-up contains George's "Marvellous Medicine", "Matilda", and "The Witches" - a perfect gift for any child to get swept up in the magic of "Roald Dahl"...



Review: 
To be honest with you I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this novel, but knowing how much fun I’ve had with Pittacus Lore I was hoping for something to fill the gap whilst I waited for the next in the series. What I got was a book that whilst the story was interesting failed to grip me due to the characters. They felt a little flat for me, not rounded and whilst individually they each have their own abilities, as a group I’m not sure how well they’re going to gel in the overall quest.

That aside, the pace is reasonable, the prose solid and all round its readable but for me, if I don’t get on with the characters its always a struggle to carry on. A great shame but here’s hoping that it improves with the next outing.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment